SWOSU Student Resources
Linking Boxes to Your CampusGuide
- Click Add New Box.
- Select Link to another box in the system. (If you choose "Link to" the box will be automatically updated on your guide whenever I make an update. If you choose "Copy" you’ll need to update the box manually.)
- Select the guide named For Librarians: Boxes for SWOSU CampusGuides.
- Select the box you want to add to your own CampusGuide and save your changes.
Catalog Quick Search
Roll Your Own Searches With the EBSCO Search Box Builder
Follow this link to create your own EBSCO search box that you can embed in your CampusGuides, such the Academic Search Complete box below.
Use these settings when creating your search box:
- You must include our EZproxy prefix in the "Proxy prefix" field for your search box to work for off-campus patrons. Type http://libnet.swosu.edu/login?url= as shown below:
- In Step 2, uncheck "Secure HTTPS authentication."
- In Step 4, uncheck "Open search results in new browser."
To put your new EBSCO search box into your CampusGuide:
- Copy your search box code from Step 6.
- Go back to your CampusGuide and click Add a New Box. Make a new Rich Text/Dynamic Content/Scripts box.
- Go to your new box and click Add Text. In the Rich Text Editor, click the words plain text editor. Paste your code from Step 6 into the plain text editor and save your changes. (This is important -- your search box won't work if you paste the code into the Rich Text Editor!)
- Preview your CampusGuide and test your new EBSCO search box!
Academic Search Complete Quick Search
Al Harris Library
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
Ref. Desk: 580.774.7082